Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week 12 - Newport Beach













I choose Newport Beach because it caught my interest to see what it looked like since Dumas in the story Bienvenidos a Newport Beach mentioned that it was a place where everyone thought that rich people only moved to.

Newport beach is in Orange County, California and is a thriving center for business innovation and home to companies making exciting advances in industries ranging from computer technology to real estate, biomedical science to apparel. Newport Beach is a medium-sized city of 70,000 year-round and 100,000 during the summer. They are only 14 miles from Disneyland, 20 miles south of Long Beach, 50 miles south of Los Angeles, and 64 miles west of Palm Springs. It is popular for its boating and you can find excellent shopping centers around Newport Beach and at Newport Center Fashion Island. There are also a number of fine restaurants. Newport Beach contains numerous communities that include Balboa Island, Balboa Peninsula, Cannery Village, Corona del Mar, Fashion Island, Lido Marina Village, Mariners Mile and Upper Newport Bay.




http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport_Beach

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/newport.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa0LFBcIxHs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I_-Ax0uv4o&feature=related




Reviews:

1) Alex- I learned that there is an island called Treasure Island that crosses the bridge from San Francisco to Oakland.

2) Alexa- I learned that Alexa also thought of the fairs that we have here when she read Cotton Candy Mirrors.

3) Valerie- I learned that Newport Beach was primarily an area for whites.

4) Sophia- I learned that Sophia has never visited Berkeley either.

5) Kyle- I learned that he got a nail stuck through his foot when he took a shortcut to his grandmother’s house.

6) Antonio- I learned that when he read Dumas story it reminded him of how long it had been since he has visited pool.

7) Judy- I learned that she has moved around a lot just like the author in Bienvenidos a Newport and also like me.

8) Erin- I learned that Berkeley has many different varieties of trees.

9) Mario- I learned that he use to live in a planned community and I am currently living In one now.

10) Jessica- I learned that she learned about Playland at the Beach when reading Cotton Candy Mirrors and so did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment